Question

writing MText to DWG with specific textsize

• 27 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi there,

I want to write MText (multiline text) to DWG. If there is only 1 line the textsize is correct. As soon as there are at least 2 lines, the textsize shrinks. How can I prevent this?

screenshotI attached a simple workspace (FME 2020, 64bit). My actual workspace transforms data from an oracle database to DWG.

Cheers,

Maria

PS: In 2013 the question was already asked, but without any answer.

5 replies

Badge +1

no clues?

Badge +20

Use the DWGStyler transformerDWGStyler MText

Badge +1

Use the DWGStyler transformerDWGStyler MText

That's what I did/do! I tried to modify the parameters in any variation. I even tried two DWG-writers (ACAD, REALDWG).

Here's a preview of my workbench:

screenshot_workbenchsame result...

Badge +1

Alright... what now works for me:

Setting the attribute autocad_mtext_text_height to the desired size. The DWGStlyer doesn't work for Multi-text. If it works for you (@caracadrian​ ) please send me a sample workspace!

So, thanks a lot for the hint! 🙏

Badge +20

Alright... what now works for me:

Setting the attribute autocad_mtext_text_height to the desired size. The DWGStlyer doesn't work for Multi-text. If it works for you (@caracadrian​ ) please send me a sample workspace!

So, thanks a lot for the hint! 🙏

It appears DWGStyler  doesn't create the autocad_mtext_text_height attribute, as it should.

I had some complex dynamic labeling settings and created autocad_mtext_text_height somewhere before DWGStyler and got the desired output but it is not created by default.

Maybe someone from Safe can comment on this or you can create an ideea suggestion Idea List (safe.com)