Solved

How do I fix a white only Web Service Authentication page when authenticating using Oath2 workflow?

• 7 December 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

2020-12-07 13_34_52-Manage Web ServicesI'm using FME DEsktop 2020.1, version 20200605-Build 20573 on Windows 10

I have problem with the built in Webbrowser/web view in FME when trying to authenticate Webforum. The Web Service Authentication window(web page) is just white. It did work (rendered the web page) in the past, so Webforum must have added some html/css/iframe that does not work with FME's web component. I talked to Webforum about this and they say the problem is within the built in webbrowser in FME. (Webforum already support Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Safari) It's possible that the built in webbrowser does not support iframes or other html that Webforum use.

Have anyone had a similar problem and managed to solve it somehow?

FME developers, what web view/web component do you use to render html pages?

FME developers, is it possible to use for example Chrome browser instead of the built in webbrowser to authenticate?

icon

Best answer by rahulsharma 3 December 2021, 22:51

View original

9 replies

Badge +8

Hi @krisvesweco​ 

The page displayed in FME is build on chromium project and should work.

Can you are log out of the Webforum in chrome browser and try again?

Can you try to remove all the cookies from Chrome and try again?

Additionally, you can try to debug this using third party tools such as Fiddler/Wireshark to see what is being returned. (I would assume that this should have been a form).

Badge +1

Thanks!

I tried logging out from Webforum in the browser. Testing authentication - No change - still white page

I cleared all the cookies from Chrome - Testing authentication - No change - still white page

I noticed that there are cookies stored here as well:

C:\\Users\\SEKRSV\\AppData\\Local\\FME Workbench\\QtWebEngine\\Default

I cleared all the values in that cookie file containing secure.webforum.com

Still no change.

Any more ideas?

Badge +1

I tested using Fiddler. I can't really see whats wrong in hte responses. I can send you the fiddler results. Email me at kristian.svensson@sweco.se and I will send you the results.

Badge +1

Do you know what version of Chromium that you use?

Also, whats is the prefered way of clearing cookies for FME's instance of Chromium?

Badge +8

Do you know what version of Chromium that you use?

Also, whats is the prefered way of clearing cookies for FME's instance of Chromium?

Thanks for sending the fiddler logs, I have created a JIRA Issue(FMEDESKTOP-8031) investigate this further.

Badge +8

Hi @krisvesweco​ 

We have recently resolved this issue. Can you test this service with the latest FME Desktop 2021.x?

Please let me know there are additional questions or concerns.

Badge +1

Hi @krisvesweco​ 

We have recently resolved this issue. Can you test this service with the latest FME Desktop 2021.x?

Please let me know there are additional questions or concerns.

@rahulsharma​ 

I have tested in FME Desktop 2021.1.2.0 (Build 21627) and FME Desktop 2021.2.2.0 (Build 21784) and the behaviour is still the same with a white webpage showing. Any ideas what more I can test?

Badge +8

@rahulsharma​ 

I have tested in FME Desktop 2021.1.2.0 (Build 21627) and FME Desktop 2021.2.2.0 (Build 21784) and the behaviour is still the same with a white webpage showing. Any ideas what more I can test?

Hi @krisvesweco​ 

In order to see the fix please do the following

1. Go to Tools --> FME Options --> Web Connections --> Manager Services
  2. Click on Webforum service
  3. On that page find the value "Http User-Agent" under Authorization parameters
  4. Switch the value from FME Default to "System Default"
  5. Click Apply and Test.
Badge +1

@rahulsharma​ 

I can confirm this to be working in FME Desktop 2021.2.2.0 (Build 21784). For others that visit this thread, can you specify the minimum version of FME DEsktop to be used to be able to set the "Http User-Agent" to "System Default"?

Thanks!