Question

Euclidean distance

• 1 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any processing in FME as "Euclidean Distance" tool in ArcGIS.

Thank you.

Clara.

4 replies

Userlevel 4

If you simply need the euclidean distance between two points, the easiest is maybe to create a line between those two points (2 x VertexCreator) and then something like the GeographicLengthCalculator from the FME Hub.

Hi david. yes... i am also in dire need of euclidean distance (raster) in FME... GLC is not adequate since I'm am generating a land suitability index based on continuous data...

Userlevel 4

Hi david. yes... i am also in dire need of euclidean distance (raster) in FME... GLC is not adequate since I'm am generating a land suitability index based on continuous data...

I'm not sure I understand the question. For maximum visibility, the best is probably to repost as a separate question. Make sure to include as much detail as possible, including sample data and/or screenshots, if possible.

Hello,

I am also hoping to find an equivalent to Euclidean Distance raster from ArcMap in FME. The idea is to input a shapefile (ex. points representing bus stops) and generated a raster with a specific resolution, where each pixel holds a value representing the distance to the nearest point from this pixel.

imageCheers,