Solved

Is it possible to append to a json file saved as an Azure blob? AzureBlobStorageConnector overwrites.

• 11 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +5
Is it possible to append to a json file saved as an Azure blob? AzureBlobStorageConnector overwrites.
icon

Best answer by jlutherthomas 13 November 2020, 01:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

As the possible actions are Delete / Download / List / Upload I assume you use Upload?

2020-11-11_14h58_50As an alternative you can add another AzureBlobStorageConnector, download the file, append in workbench, then again AzureBlobStorageConnector, upload and overwrite.

Badge +5

As the possible actions are Delete / Download / List / Upload I assume you use Upload?

2020-11-11_14h58_50As an alternative you can add another AzureBlobStorageConnector, download the file, append in workbench, then again AzureBlobStorageConnector, upload and overwrite.

Thanks, indeed it seems "that's what it is" for now.

Nevertheless, I think (more like hope as I did not go deep in the doc) that the API allows appending. So I have hope that @gerhardatsafe might add it to the package one day if we ask him nicely. I could also try to explore the package python but it would be far far slower..

Badge +2

Hi @antoine​ 

The Azure Blob Storage Connector currently only supports the block type of Azure blobs.

There's a useful doc page from Azure explaining the differences here.

If you'd like to see support for append or page blobs, please file add this as an idea.