Question

XML Parser error on FME Server

• 10 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello I'm tryng to run a workspace in FME Server but this error is show during translation:

XML Parser error: 'Error in input dataset:'/mnt/efs/fs1/resources/data/Products_LEDE/PCP/Netherlands/NLD_201G0_PCP/1_Src/BAG/Inspire_data_NLD/9999NUM08112020.zip' line:1 column:57 message:invalid byte '�' at position 2 of a 3-byte sequence'

The XML Module halted on error, see the logfile for details

I have run the workspace locally to check if the file was damaged or something similar, but it ran correctly with no issues....

Does anyone know how to solve this issue, please? I need your help

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

You should check the encoding of the file. It is possible thag the FME Server and your local machine are a different local encoding. You want to make sure that the xml is UTF-8 encoded if possible. This will make life easier ​

You should check the encoding of the file. It is possible thag the FME Server and your local machine are a different local encoding. You want to make sure that the xml is UTF-8 encoded if possible. This will make life easier ​

Hello, I have saved the GML file with UTF-8 encoded but the same error is shown:

XML Parser error: 'Error in input dataset:'...D/9999VBO08122020.zip' line:1 column:13 message:invalid byte '�' at position 1 of a 1-byte sequence'

Do you know what is causing this error?

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hello, I have saved the GML file with UTF-8 encoded but the same error is shown:

XML Parser error: 'Error in input dataset:'...D/9999VBO08122020.zip' line:1 column:13 message:invalid byte '�' at position 1 of a 1-byte sequence'

Do you know what is causing this error?

Would you be able to share your GML file, full log, and workspace with us? If not, you can also share your data and workspace by submitting a support case.

Badge +4

Hello @virtualcitymatt​ , @velazquezmpablo​ ,@nampreetatsafe​ 

I have a similar issue. When I run the workspace with a zip-file on FME Desktop it runs fine, but on FME Server it gives a XML parser error. When I run the workspace with the unzipped XML on the server it also works fine.

Have you solved this?