Question

How to rename a custom transformer?

• 9 November 2020
  • 5 replies

In enforcing our custom transformer naming convention we needed to rename our custom transformers in the CT library. I found the CT name was grayed out when opening up the Transformer Parameters editor (image below) Please kind share your solutions or suggestions?

5 replies

Badge +22

The transformer name is grayed-out, but there should be a rename button on the right.

If it's not present, the first thing I would check is if you have edit permissions for the file (is it read only, or on a network share you don't have modify permissions for).

CT-paramter

Badge +2

Somehow the "Rename" button did not show up in our case, maybe because we had a few earlier versions of the CT. We later did a global "find and replace" by opening the FMX file in a text editor.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Somehow the "Rename" button did not show up in our case, maybe because we had a few earlier versions of the CT. We later did a global "find and replace" by opening the FMX file in a text editor.

@Bo Guo​, may I ask which version of FME you are using? If it is an older version of FME then it is likely this has been fixed as I can't reproduce the issue in the latest release. Thanks!

Badge +2

@Bo Guo​, may I ask which version of FME you are using? If it is an older version of FME then it is likely this has been fixed as I can't reproduce the issue in the latest release. Thanks!

Hi Dan, I am using 2021.1.3.1 on Ubuntu 20.04.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@Bo Guo​ I've tested this in 2021.2.0.1 in Ubuntu 20.04 and have not been able to replicate the issue, so if this still continues I would recommend upgrading to the latest version of FME.