Question

Python error

• 22 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

I am encountering the following error. Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

2020-10-22 10:24:56| 0.9| 0.4|ERROR |Python Exception <ImportError>: this version of pandas is incompatible with numpy < 1.15.4

your numpy version is 1.15.1.

Please upgrade numpy to >= 1.15.4 to use this pandas version

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @dataninja​ 

The version of pandas  you are using requires a higher version of numpy than is shipped with the build of FME you are using. 

If you do not need to use the latest version of the pandas module, you can try downloading an older version that is compatible with the shipped numpy module. For example, downloading pandas version 1.0.5 will work as it requires numpy 1.13.3 and higher. You can do so with this command:

fme python -m pip install pandas==1.0.5 --target <your_target_path>

Badge

Hi @dataninja​ 

The version of pandas  you are using requires a higher version of numpy than is shipped with the build of FME you are using. 

If you do not need to use the latest version of the pandas module, you can try downloading an older version that is compatible with the shipped numpy module. For example, downloading pandas version 1.0.5 will work as it requires numpy 1.13.3 and higher. You can do so with this command:

fme python -m pip install pandas==1.0.5 --target <your_target_path>

Hi @debbiatsafe​ , I am still having the same issue unfortunately. I need to get it to work as soon as possible. Is it possible for me to share screen with you so we could trouble shoot the problem together? My email is tngo@tetrad.com. Thanks a lot in advance!

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @debbiatsafe​ , I am still having the same issue unfortunately. I need to get it to work as soon as possible. Is it possible for me to share screen with you so we could trouble shoot the problem together? My email is tngo@tetrad.com. Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi @dataninja​ 

I have been out of office until today. Just wanted to check if you were able to resolve the numpy/pandas issue?

I'm using FME 2020.2 and I think this numpy error is related to this version as I had uninstalled 2020.13 and 2021.x where it was working. But generally it's very difficult to upgrade the FME python environment, even using cmd in administrator mode, throws up red errors.

And it's very frustrating that even using a custom python interpreter, FME still chooses to use some modules from it's core python 3.7 install.

Solution:

In a separate python 3.7 environment (you may need to download and install) copy a new version of numpy over to the FME folder.

1. Make a Backup copy of the existing older numpy folders in the FME folder- keep safe (e.g. 'C:\\Program Files\\Safe\\FME\\2020\\python\\python37\\numpy' and '..\\numpy-1.15.1.dist-info' )
  2. Remove the older numpy folders you just backed-up
  3. Copy from your separate python environment the newer numpy folders to the FME folder (must be python 3.7 version, I personally have 3.7.6)
  4. Open FME and run the workbench to see the result from the pythonCallers

FME Numpy Error