Solved

RasterReplacer is unable to recognize attachments from ESRI Portal

• 21 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Using an Esri ArcGIS Portal Feature Service Reader to read attachments, RasterReplacer fails on the attachment blob with INVALID_FEATURE_CANNOT_READ_BLOB.

Enable Attachments='Y' on the reader, the arcgisonline_attachment{} list is exposed, and arcgisonline_attachment{}.data contains data.

I am able to manually download jpg attachments from Portal successfully. I've tried all the image formats in RasterReplacer against the jpg in Portal.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

FME 2019.2.1.0, Portal 10.6.1

icon

Best answer by andreaatsafe 22 October 2020, 02:39

View original

6 replies

Badge +10

Hi @kdedovesh​ ,

Have you tried using the "JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group)" format for the RasterReplacer?

Can you confirm what the value of the "arcgisonline_attachment{0}.content_type" attribute is when you inspect a feature from the reader?

AGOL_AttachmentInfo

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I have tried "JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group)", and the content_type is image/jpeg. (screenshot attached)contenttype

Badge +10

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I have tried "JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group)", and the content_type is image/jpeg. (screenshot attached)contenttype

No problem, so it looks like the data is not in the standard JPEG blob format as JPEG blobs usually start with the byte marker FFD8, hence the RasterReplacer is rejecting it.

Try first using a BinaryDecoder set with the following parameters:

• Encoding type to "Base64" and
  • Attribute to Decode to"arcgisonline_attachment{0}.data"

Then use the RasterReplacer and set it to "JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group)".

No problem, so it looks like the data is not in the standard JPEG blob format as JPEG blobs usually start with the byte marker FFD8, hence the RasterReplacer is rejecting it.

Then use the RasterReplacer and set it to "JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group)".

Thank you very much @andreaatsafe​, that worked!

I got this same issue but with png image formats. Does anyone know how to resolve this one too?

Badge +8

You just saved my life! :)