Question

How to extract oriantation under "Area: IFMEPolygon"

"Orientation" is desucribed under "Area: IFMEPolygon".

Could you tell me how to extract it to attribute, or the way of filtering by the "Orientation" value.?

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @bigapplerizzi19​ 

Please - could you share us the image or sample data?

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Hello @danilo_fme​ 

Thank you for your reply.

Attached is a image that show the "Orientation" that I want to extract or use for filtering.

Best Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

You can use the OrientationExtractor to get this as an attribute.

Hello @nielsgerrits​ 

valid_surface_orientation" is extrated.In my case shown in the previous images, the value extracted by OrientationExtractor is "valid_surface_orientation".

I expect "Right Hand Rule" is extrated.

Could you tell me the solution?

Best Regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Hello @nielsgerrits​ 

valid_surface_orientation" is extrated.In my case shown in the previous images, the value extracted by OrientationExtractor is "valid_surface_orientation".

Best Regards

From the documentation:

Surface

If the input is a surface geometry, where all parts of the surface are consistently oriented, the attribute will be set to the value valid_surface_orientation. If the parts are unoriented or inconsistent, the attribute will be set to the value no_orientation.

It looks like you won't get "right_hand_rule" out of the OrientationExtractor without taking it apart. I think you need to extract the individual geometries and go from there. Not sure how, and without a sample it's hard to check.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hello @nielsgerrits​ 

Best Regards

Could you share you sample data?

Hello @danilo_fme​ ,

Sorry, it is difficult to share the data. Because it is intermediate data of some transformers.

Hello @danilo_fme​ ,

You can find a attached sample data.

Orientation of two wallsurfaces of this modle are "Right Handed Rule".

I would like to change those to "Left Handed Rule"

Hello @danilo_fme​ ,

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Hi,

For anyone else with the same problem I managed to do it by deaggregating the feature and converting the faces to polygons. Then the resulting attribute value describes whether the feature in question uses left_hand_rule og right_hand_rule, instead of returning "valid_surface_orientation"

Hope this helps someone.