Question

ArcGISOnlineConnector - update not accepting Form

• 21 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi all,

I try to use the ArcGISOnlineConnector to update an existing Survey123 Form item on ArcGIS Online, but no success this far.

When I choose Request type 'Update' and upload a zip-file with the same contents as downloaded via the 'Download' action I get the fme_rejection_message:

"file must have AGOL item type 'Form'" and fme_rejection_code INVALID_FILE.

When I slightly adjust the downloaded zip file by removing the folder 'esriinfo', leave its contents intact and zip these files again with the same file name, it still shows this rejection code. This latter file structure is actually the same as in a blog post by Esri that demonstrates how to use the AGOL REST API and update the item in a Python script. So I expect this to work:

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/12/08/an-alternative-way-to-update-the-media-folder-of-a-survey123-form-item

Any ideas on how I could get this working with the ArcGISOnlineConnector?

7 replies

Badge +8

Hi @tijs​ ,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I have filed an internal ticket to investigate this further . I will update you on the progress once our initial investigation is completed.

Thanks

Rahul

Hi @tijs​ ,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I have filed an internal ticket to investigate this further . I will update you on the progress once our initial investigation is completed.

Thanks

Rahul

Any news on this issue?

Thanks

Tijs

Badge +8

Any news on this issue?

Thanks

Tijs

Hi @tijs​, I was able to repro the error that you have mentioned.

Our team is currently investigating the issue.

Badge

Any news on this issue?

Thanks

Tijs

Hi @rahulsharma and @tijs, any news on this issue? I am also interested in using the same workflow.

Thanks

Badge +1

Hello all,

I think this is a similar challenge that I would like to solve.

I need to update the csv's in the media folder of a Survey123 form. So far it looks like python is the only approach that will work.

Has anyone else been able to solve this?

Thanks,

James

Hello all,

I think this is a similar challenge that I would like to solve.

I need to update the csv's in the media folder of a Survey123 form. So far it looks like python is the only approach that will work.

Has anyone else been able to solve this?

Thanks,

James

Hi fmejamesl,

If I remember correctly I, this didn't get resolved and I used plain Python to update via the ArcGIS Online REST API.

Cheers,

Tijs

Badge +1

Hi fmejamesl,

If I remember correctly I, this didn't get resolved and I used plain Python to update via the ArcGIS Online REST API.

Cheers,

Tijs

Thanks tijs,

I think I'll go that route as well.

Cheers!