Question

in FME 2020 the behaviour of Generic Reader changed in a way, that "Guess format from extension" for GPKG now defaults to GEOPACKAGE_RASTER instead of GEOPACKAGE (vector). This broke a workflow in our application. Why was this changed ?

• 8 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +9
  • Contributor
  • 101 replies
in FME 2020 the behaviour of Generic Reader changed in a way, that "Guess format from extension" for GPKG now defaults to GEOPACKAGE_RASTER instead of GEOPACKAGE (vector). This broke a workflow in our application. Why was this changed ?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

It could be that the last time you manually selected a gpkg file, you selected Raster Geopackage, and now the generic reader thinks this is correct for all files. I would manually add a gpkg file to a new workspace using the Vector Geopackage reader. Then it's possible that the Generic reader action will be reversed.

In short: it's just using the last format you used manually.

Badge +9

It could be that the last time you manually selected a gpkg file, you selected Raster Geopackage, and now the generic reader thinks this is correct for all files. I would manually add a gpkg file to a new workspace using the Vector Geopackage reader. Then it's possible that the Generic reader action will be reversed.

Thanks Mark for the explanation.

I fixed the problem by passing the desired format as a parameter to the workspace for the Generic Reader instead of relying on defaults which are getting more and more unpredicatable ;-)

Badge +4

Hi @mark2atsafe​,

I have the same problem and I've never used the Raster Geopackage Reader. Unfortunatley this issue prevents users to load data in geopackage vector format in a dynamic workspace I have published to FME Server. I will have to use the same workaround as mhab.

In case of news about this issue, please let me know.

Thanks!