Solved

SQLITE.fmf could not be opened

• 7 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi :-)

I have an issue with FME Desktop 2020:

Whenever I open a workspace which includes an InlineQuerier (to be precise: with a filled SQL-query at the output-port), I get the error "File C:\\Program Files\\FME_2020\\metafile\\SQLITE.fmf could not be opened" inside the Translation Log.

When I open the same workspaces with FME Desktop 2019, this error does not appear.

Further system-infos:

I have installed FME Desktop 2020 (path as mentioned above) alongside with FME Desktop 2019 (default-path).

FME Desktop 2020 Version: 2020.1.2.0 Build 20620 WIN64

FME Desktop 2019 Version: 2019.1.3.0 Build 19642 WIN64

Thanks in advance and best greetings :-)

Florian

icon

Best answer by florenz 3 January 2022, 07:46

View original

5 replies

Badge +2

@florenz​ I have reproduced your error, in my case:

File D:\\apps\\FME2020.1\\metafile\\SQLITE.fmf could not be opened

I created the workspace in FME 2019 and opened it in 2020.1 However, the workspace does appear to run OK. Can you please confirm whether, after opening the workspace, you can still run it?

We'll try and track down what is causing this error message.

The problem does appear to have been addressed in our FME 2021 beta builds

@florenz​ I have reproduced your error, in my case:

File D:\\apps\\FME2020.1\\metafile\\SQLITE.fmf could not be opened

I created the workspace in FME 2019 and opened it in 2020.1 However, the workspace does appear to run OK. Can you please confirm whether, after opening the workspace, you can still run it?

We'll try and track down what is causing this error message.

The problem does appear to have been addressed in our FME 2021 beta builds

@Mark Stoakes​ 

Thanks for your reply 😃

yes. I can run the worksspaces without problems and they seem to produce expected results!

But since I am within the internal testing for FME Desktop 2020 before rollout and I cannot estimate which subsequent faults could occur, I would like to find out something more about this issue ;-)

I am happy to hear, that you could reproduce this error and it is already gone in FME 2021 beta. So there is a chance for a fix for FME 2020.

Best greetings

Florian

Badge +2

@Mark Stoakes​ 

Thanks for your reply 😃

yes. I can run the worksspaces without problems and they seem to produce expected results!

But since I am within the internal testing for FME Desktop 2020 before rollout and I cannot estimate which subsequent faults could occur, I would like to find out something more about this issue ;-)

I am happy to hear, that you could reproduce this error and it is already gone in FME 2021 beta. So there is a chance for a fix for FME 2020.

Best greetings

Florian

@florenz​  I doubt this will be fixed in 2020. Although disconcerting, the problem was identified as being an incorrect error messages but it does not impact the loading or execution of the workspace. Our internal reference is FMEENGINE-66465

@Mark Stoakes​ 

Thanks for your reply 😃

Best greetings

Florian

In addition:

i found in the changelogs (http://downloads.safe.com/fme/beta/whatsnew.txt), that this issue has been fixed in beta FME 2020.2.0.0 (b20719 20200720). So, i guess, this fix will be included in the final release of FME 2020.2.0.0 😊

I just wanted to add the answer, that I can confirm, that I don't have this issue anymore (using FME 2021.1.3.1 Build 21635).

Best greetings :)