Solved

Extract schedule information from Automations in FME Server

• 3 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

On our FME Server (version 2019.0.2) we have many Automations running; and many Automations include a schedule.

I would like to get the time and day when the Automation is running. I can't find this in the API, is there any other way I could extract this information?

icon

Best answer by jlutherthomas 3 September 2020, 19:15

View original

5 replies

Badge +2

Hi @stefanh​ 

This is possible using the FME Server REST API (in 2020.1.1 at least, I'm not sure which version this became possible in).

In your FME Server Web UI at the top right click Help > REST API.

Find the Get Schedules API call and see if it includes the includesAutomations true|false parameter:

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 10.08.57 AM

If not, you will have to upgrade your FME Server.

Once you get the response, you can see which Schedules are from Automations based on the description. The name of the Schedule will be the Automation name and the description of the Schedule will be the Automation ID:

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 10.11.19 AM

You can then use the Automation ID in the 'Retrieve information about an automation workflow' API call if you wanted.

Badge +2

Hi @jlutherthomas​ ,

Thanks for the answer; this is userful.

A good reason to upgrade FME Server :).

Regards, Stefan

Badge

Hi @jlutherthomas​ 

I have the same question but I am on FME Server 2021. However, I can't seem to find where the Scheduled Trigger information in Automations are located in the API. I have looked through the "automations : Automation Manager" . I am able to find the log file (which details the last run) and the general information of the automation but can't seem to find the CRON expression for the schedule trigger. Am I missing something or looking at the wrong place?

Thanks!

Badge +2

Hi @jlutherthomas​ 

I have the same question but I am on FME Server 2021. However, I can't seem to find where the Scheduled Trigger information in Automations are located in the API. I have looked through the "automations : Automation Manager" . I am able to find the log file (which details the last run) and the general information of the automation but can't seem to find the CRON expression for the schedule trigger. Am I missing something or looking at the wrong place?

Thanks!

@mning​ 

Have you looked at the schedules section of the API? Try setting includeAutomations to true, and that should give you the cron expression.

Badge

@mning​ 

Have you looked at the schedules section of the API? Try setting includeAutomations to true, and that should give you the cron expression.

Thank you, I didn't think to look at the schedules section of the API. I see it now.

Thanks again!

Michelle