Solved

Hello, I need to uninstall tjhe earlier version of FME 2017.0.1.1 but the uninstaller in windows requires the fme_eval.msi file which I do not have anymore. Where can I get it?

• 27 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge
Hello, I need to uninstall tjhe earlier version of FME 2017.0.1.1 but the uninstaller in windows requires the fme_eval.msi file which I do not have anymore. Where can I get it?
icon

Best answer by geo_b 20 May 2021, 01:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4

Maybe try reinstalling FME 2017 to the same folder, then uninstall after.

You can find FME 2017.0.1.1 here: https://www.safe.com/support/downloads/#past-versions

Hi @jaro​ did you ever figure this out? I tried recommendation by @david_r​ but I am unable to install using the same version, and I get the same error about the missing fme_eval.msi file. I also tried installing a new version over the top but the installer fails because it is unable to uninstall the previous/existing version.

Badge

Hi @jaro​ did you ever figure this out? I tried recommendation by @david_r​ but I am unable to install using the same version, and I get the same error about the missing fme_eval.msi file. I also tried installing a new version over the top but the installer fails because it is unable to uninstall the previous/existing version.

Hello,

No, unfortunately I couldn't solve it. It was one of the reasons which forced me to buy a new PC and do a fresh installation. So I didn't work on the problem anymore. But I understand how annoying it is.

Hello,

No, unfortunately I couldn't solve it. It was one of the reasons which forced me to buy a new PC and do a fresh installation. So I didn't work on the problem anymore. But I understand how annoying it is.

Thanks for the reply @jaro​ . In the end I was able to download the matching version from the past versions page https://www.safe.com/support/downloads/#past-versions, then renamed the installer as fme_eval.msi. This was sufficient enough to perform the uninstall. Posting the update here in case it helps someone else down the road.

Badge

Hello,

Woow, good idea, congrats!