Question

How can i merge an automation flow when using Dynamic workspaces

• 25 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Im trying out the new Dynamic workspaces in automations. Running the workspaces works great! The problem i'm running into is as followed:

The dynamic workspaces are writing out files to a folder. Depending on how often the dynamic workspace will run, several files can be created.

Ones the workspaces are done, i want to start another workspace that takes all the files in that new output folder and send them by email.

The workspace that sends these files out should only run once! But, since dynamic workspaces run several times both output ports will yield x amount of output features, triggering the last workspace multiple times.

I thought of using a merge action but when you try to connect that to the output port of a dynamic workspace an error occurs: "Cannot connect content router ports to merge". (this also happens trying to connect it to the automation writer output port which has the attributes i need).

Is there any way to only trigger a workspace once after all the Dynamic Workspaces are done?

2020-08-25_14h49_28

/Jurgen

3 replies

Badge

Hi @jurgen​ 

You could check out this webinar which contains a section that could act as a workaround that may help with your problem. Also there is currently and enhancement request for this feature reference code FMESERVER-14515. I have mentioned your question in the enhancement request so hopefully that will help in the process.

Thanks, Daragh

Badge +2

Hi @jurgen​ 

You could check out this webinar which contains a section that could act as a workaround that may help with your problem. Also there is currently and enhancement request for this feature reference code FMESERVER-14515. I have mentioned your question in the enhancement request so hopefully that will help in the process.

Thanks, Daragh

Hej Daragh,

Thanks for the reply, ill make sure to check it out. Right now i've changed my workflow so i dont run into the problem but once i got some more free time again ill try to get it back into the way it was to see if i can use some tips from the webinar to avoid the problem i was running into.

Jurgen

Badge +1

People from the future! Go to https://community.safe.com/s/article/job-orchestration-with-automations and look at section #7 for a fix to this problem.