Question

HttpCaller: HTTP/FTP transfer error: 'SSL connect error'

• 20 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have been able to download file from this url: https://firms.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/data/active_fire/c6/kml/MODIS_C6_Canada_48h.kml in the past. Strangely, it does not work anymore. I am getting ssl connect error. Other than upgrading my FME Desktop from 2019 to 2020, nothing has changed.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Lawrence

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Of you turn on debug logging you miiight get a little bit more information. Another thing to try is to turn of certificate validation to see if that helps.​

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Of you turn on debug logging you miiight get a little bit more information. Another thing to try is to turn of certificate validation to see if that helps.​

I can reproduce his issue in 2019.1, changing HTTPCaller parameters does not seem to help, debug does not give another clue. Browser is downloading the file without a problem. Maybe submit a case?

Badge

Thanks for the suggestion. I will submit a case to Safe Support.

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Did you discover anything more about this error @lawrence​ 

I seem to be encountering it intermittently when running a workspace on FME Server 2019

Badge

Did you discover anything more about this error @lawrence​ 

I seem to be encountering it intermittently when running a workspace on FME Server 2019

Regardless of FME version or platform, HTTPCaller doesn't seem to work in this case. Through Knowledge Base, I discovered there is an alternate transformer call AsyncHTTPCaller. It solves the problem for me.