Solved

Hi I have a workspace that runs from Workbench but if i try to run from a Scheduled task i get no output I have put snips of the ERROR and FATAL messages below. This has happened in 2020.1.1.0 (20200801 - Build 20608 - WIN64) and 2020.1.0.0 Th

Badge +5

17/08/2020 12:09  10.9  0.8  ERROR   Python Exception <ModuleNotFoundError>: No module named 'fmepy_emailer'

17/08/2020 12:09  10.9  0  FATAL   PythonFactory failed to load python symbol `fmepy_emailer.Emailer'

17/08/2020 12:09  10.9  0  FATAL   Factory proxy not initialized

17/08/2020 12:09  10.9  0  FATAL   Emailer_CALLER (PythonFactory): PythonFactory failed to process feature

17/08/2020 12:09  10.9  0  ERROR   Emailer_CALLER (PythonFactory): A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

17/08/2020 12:09  10.9  0  ERROR   A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

17/08/2020 12:09  10.9  0  ERROR   StringReplacer (StringReplacerFactory): 

17/08/2020 12:09  10.9  0  ERROR   A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

17/08/2020 12:09  10.9  0  FATAL   HTMLReportGenerator (PythonFactory): PythonFactory failed to close properly

17/08/2020 12:09  10.9  0  ERROR   HTMLReportGenerator (PythonFactory): A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

17/08/2020 12:09  10.9  0  ERROR   HTMLReportGenerator (PythonFactory): A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

This is running on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

icon

Best answer by david_r 17 August 2020, 16:24

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Are you using a different user account when running it as a scheduled task? If so, doublecheck whether that has the same PATH variable set as your account.

Userlevel 4

Can you show us how the scheduled task has been configured? If you're using a batch file, can you post the contents?

Badge +5

Are you using a different user account when running it as a scheduled task? If so, doublecheck whether that has the same PATH variable set as your account.

Hi,

Thank you for replying

Yes the scheduled tasks run as a different Domain User

The Path variables are only set at system level so don't vary

There are several versions of FME installed so I have ensured that 2020.1.1.0 path comes first in the Path variable also

Badge +5

Can you show us how the scheduled task has been configured? If you're using a batch file, can you post the contents?

Hi

Thank you for the reply

We are using a standard Windows Scheduled task to Run a Batch file. The content of which is reproduced below

Net Stop "FME License Server"

Net Start "FME License Server"

"C:\\apps\\FME20608w64\\fme.exe" C:\\_FME\\_NewServer\\BC_UncommencedInspectedPlots.fmw

This runs as a separate account which has full administrator privileges to the machine, we have around 20 of these set up in exactly the same way (using different versions of FME but that is another story)

Userlevel 4

Hi

Thank you for the reply

We are using a standard Windows Scheduled task to Run a Batch file. The content of which is reproduced below

"C:\\apps\\FME20608w64\\fme.exe" C:\\_FME\\_NewServer\\BC_UncommencedInspectedPlots.fmw

This runs as a separate account which has full administrator privileges to the machine, we have around 20 of these set up in exactly the same way (using different versions of FME but that is another story)

Have you tried logging into the machine as the admin user executing the scheduled task and run the workspace manually? Does that work?

Badge +5

Hi

Thank you for the reply

Hi

I hadn't but have just done that and still same error. I executed it from Command Line logged in as the scheduled task user.

I also executed it from Command Line, logged in as me and that went through fine

Userlevel 4

Hi

Thank you for the reply

We are using a standard Windows Scheduled task to Run a Batch file. The content of which is reproduced below

Net Stop "FME License Server"

Net Start "FME License Server"

"C:\apps\FME20608w64\fme.exe" C:\_FME\_NewServer\BC_UncommencedInspectedPlots.fmw

This runs as a separate account which has full administrator privileges to the machine, we have around 20 of these set up in exactly the same way (using different versions of FME but that is another story)

Sounds like it's an issue with the user profile, somehow.

While logged in as the scheduled task user, go to the command line and the FME home directory, then type the following commands, one by one:

fme python
import sys
sys.path

Check that the directories listed by sys.path are the same as for your personal user.

Badge +5

Hi

Thank you for the reply

Hi

Four differences

Not present as scheduled user: C:\\Users\\{my user}\\AppData\\Roaming\\Safe Software\\FME\\Packages\\20608-win64\\python\\safe.emailer

Not present as scheduled user:  C:\\Users\\{my user}\\Documents\\FME\\Plugins\\Python\\python37

Different between my user and scheduled user:  "C:\\Users\\{scheduled user}\\Documents\\FME\\Plugins\\Python" & " C:\\Users\\{my user}\\Documents\\FME\\Plugins\\Python"

I have checked and the folders relating to 2020 installs of FME do not exist in "C:\\Users\\{scheduled user}\\AppData\\Roaming\\Safe Software\\FME\\Packages" - Is this just a case of copying them over?

Thanks

Userlevel 4

Hi

Thank you for the reply

Sounds like packages referenced by the workspace that haven't been installed for that user. Yes, you can try to simply copy them over.

Badge +5

Hi

Thank you for the reply

Thank you for your help with this

Copying the content of "C:\\Users\\{my user}\\AppData\\Roaming\\Safe Software\\FME\\Packages" to "C:\\Users\\{scheduled user}\\AppData\\Roaming\\Safe Software\\FME\\Packages" worked brilliantly, i brought across the other versions from that folder at the same time to ensure that these work should they ever be used in this way

Adrian

Badge +1

Hi

Thank you for the reply

Hi @david_r​ 

Why don't FME automatically fetch and install packages when encountering a package not installed for the current user?

Userlevel 4

Hi

Thank you for the reply

That is an excellent question, but I cannot answer as I'm not involved in the development of FME. Consider posting it as a new question (to get better visibility) or contact Safe support directly.

Badge

I was having great difficulty with the emailer transformer and the package in FME server. I finally had to manually copy the package, safe.emailer, into the resources folders. Depending on where your resource folder is located I copied the safe.emailer folder into resources\\engine\\Packages\\20632-win32\\PackagesFiles and the resources\\engine\\Package\\20632-win32\\python folders. Restarted FME server and it started to work.

Badge +8

Having this issue with the newest version of the ArcGIS Online Connector from Hub and FME Server. How do I do this with FME Server?