Question

How to solve this error message? The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147024893'.

Hi, I am using FME Desktop 2020.0 and as soon as I try to write into a FGDB, FME crashes with this error meassage: "An error occurred while attempting to create the feature class 'unmerged_transport'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147024893'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {FDO error: -2147024893} A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details" Same workbenches working fine on other PCs. We installed FME and ArcGIS new on my PC but the problem ist still there. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Did you install FME Desktop 64-bit?

Not sure what you mean when you say you installed "ArcGIS".

If it is ArcMap what you have installed, you also need to install "Background Geoprocessing (64-bit)" after you did the ArcMap installation, because ArcMap is 32-bit.

You can find the installation file via https://my.esri.com/#/downloads

​Thanks for your reply @nielsgerrits​ 

Yes we installed  FME Desktop 64-bit, and "Background Geoprocessing (64-bit)" is already installed.....we just applied an repair on "Background Geoprocessing (64-bit)", but still the same error message.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

​Thanks for your reply @nielsgerrits​ 

Yes we installed  FME Desktop 64-bit, and "Background Geoprocessing (64-bit)" is already installed.....we just applied an repair on "Background Geoprocessing (64-bit)", but still the same error message.

Bummer.

Do you have any spaces in the path to the gdb?

​No spaces.  I tried several workbenches with different inputs and outputs - always same error message.

The strange thing is, it worked before just fine. I came back from Holiday and the error message occured.

So and as I said its working on other PCs, it looks to me that there is something wrong with my PC or the installation, we just cant figure out what it could be.....

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

A bit of a stab in the dark, but I'd try changing the python compatibility settings. I've seen issues writing to ArcSDE which are fixed by changing the python compatibility settings (even though no python callers etc. in the workspace).

​Thanks for your Reply @ebygomm, but it did not hlep

Badge

I am having the same problem/error message and the above suggestions don't work for m either. Its proving really difficult as most of the work i do at the moment involves being able to write to FileGeoDBs.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

I am having the same problem/error message and the above suggestions don't work for m either. Its proving really difficult as most of the work i do at the moment involves being able to write to FileGeoDBs.

What combination do you use? FME Desktop version? ESRI version? Did FME create the GDB or is it an existing one? Is the GDB stored local or at a network location? If local, is it syncing, like OneDrive? Have seen issues when colleagues used OneDrive and FME.

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @iew​, adding onto @nielsgerrits​ first questions, is upgrading to the latest release version an option for you? It looks like upgrading to FME 2020.1.1.1 seemed to solve the issue for Ischu.

​As jovitaatsafe mentioned, upgrading to FME 2020.1.1.1 did the trick.

Badge +10

Hi, I ran into the same error. We use a quite long network pathname to store our File Gdb. I moved the File Gdb to create to my local hard drive with a pretty short path like D:\\TEST\\FILE12334.gdb. The Feature Type name I changed to a much shorter Feature Type name, like 16 characters. Where in the setup with the long networkpathname and the long Feature Type name, the workspace crashed with the error above. In the setup with the short local file gdb folder and the short Feature Type name, it ran to completion successfully.

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi, I ran into the same error. We use a quite long network pathname to store our File Gdb. I moved the File Gdb to create to my local hard drive with a pretty short path like D:\\TEST\\FILE12334.gdb. The Feature Type name I changed to a much shorter Feature Type name, like 16 characters. Where in the setup with the long networkpathname and the long Feature Type name, the workspace crashed with the error above. In the setup with the short local file gdb folder and the short Feature Type name, it ran to completion successfully.

Hi @Helmoet de Zwijger​,

From your mention of long paths, by any chance does your error message look something like this previous Q&A? If so, it might be worth a try following this article on Windows: Enable Long File Path Support.

Badge +10

Hi @Helmoet de Zwijger​,

From your mention of long paths, by any chance does your error message look something like this previous Q&A? If so, it might be worth a try following this article on Windows: Enable Long File Path Support

Hi @jovitaatsafe​ , sadly it does not. I was not using zipped filegdb, and the error message I got was exactly the one that is above this question above, like:

The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147024893'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {FDO error: -2147024893} A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

I use FME(R) 2020.2.0.0 (20201027 - Build 20787 - WIN64), we do not upgrade that easy, so I tried to workaround the problem. When I get any errors, I allways lookup the error number in the message, that's why I run into the question above.

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @Helmoet de Zwijger​,

From your mention of long paths, by any chance does your error message look something like this previous Q&A? If so, it might be worth a try following this article on Windows: Enable Long File Path Support.

@Helmoet de Zwijger​, was this workspace created in FME 2020.2 or was it created in an older version of FME? Could you try to update the writer (through the Navigator, right click on the writer to "Update Writer...". I'd also be curious whether it makes any difference in the log if you were to add an entirely new writer?

Badge +10

Hi @Helmoet de Zwijger​,

Hi Jovita, this was a complete new workspace... created using FME Desktop 2020.2. Regards, Helmoet. Op do 17 jun. 2021 om 20:57 schreef FME Community :