Question

It would be nice to have an update on the FME AR app from Safers for Android as it has been lagging behind functionalities vis-a-vis iOS

• 3 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +4
It would be nice to have an update on the FME AR app from Safers for Android as it has been lagging behind functionalities vis-a-vis iOS

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Yeah - I'm trying to develop a workspace for the latest version but don't have access to an iOS device to text it out...A new updated Android version would be nice.

Badge

We really appreciate everyone's patience with Android version of FME AR. The library we used to use for FME AR on Android has been deprecated and we are looking for a replacement. We could have patched FME AR using the deprecated library, however in a long run this option is far from ideal. We are looking into this and will start development as soon as possible.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

We really appreciate everyone's patience with Android version of FME AR. The library we used to use for FME AR on Android has been deprecated and we are looking for a replacement. We could have patched FME AR using the deprecated library, however in a long run this option is far from ideal. We are looking into this and will start development as soon as possible.

Thanks for the update Lena, sorry to hear about the deprecation but definitely a good decision there.

Badge +20

I was trying to bring a 1:1 and georeferenced model to FMEAR on Android for two days now until I ran into Dmitri's post on the blog from September and actually read the text:

AR Android@lenaatsafe​ do you have an ETA on when will this feature be available on Android (something like 2020, or 2021, don't need a precise date). Our Bridges department really liked the demo and want to implement FMEAR in their workflow but we aren't to keen on spending that much money on iDevices as a lot of low cost Android phones and tablets are AR capable.

Badge

Is this still the case? Is somewhere a comparison whats possible / not possible in iOS and Android?