Question

In my workflows I have the problem with the elements "CompoundCurve" and "Curvepolygon" when writing to a postgresql / postgis database with default schemas for osm_point, osm_line and osm_polygon.

• 1 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Geometry type "CompoundCurve"

Because of the given schemas the postgis writer has problems with the geometry "CompoundCurve". I want to convert this in the process into a normal line element, which can be read in the osm_line table with the geometry "linestring". Today my process in the Workbench crashes with an element with the geometry "CompoundCurve".

Geometry type "Curvepolygon"

The second problem is the geometry type "Curvepolygon". This is written correctly into the postgis table osm_polygon. But then I have to delete these objects manually in pg_admin, so that the generated data can be read by the application software. Is there a possibility in FME to convert the elements with the geometry type "Curvepolygon" into a normal polygon?

With best thanks for your support!

Erido

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @erido​ , such a situation could appear if the curve (including the boundary of a polygon) was a Path geometry containing Arc parts. Try using the ArcStroker and the GeometryRefiner to transform the curve to Line geometry before writing them into the PostGIS database table.

Badge

Hi @erido​ , such a situation could appear if the curve (including the boundary of a polygon) was a Path geometry containing Arc parts. Try using the ArcStroker and the GeometryRefiner to transform the curve to Line geometry before writing them into the PostGIS database table.

@Takashi Iijima​ 

I have tried using the combination of this transformers but the issue still persist..

I would like to find a way to discard o repair these geometry ("CompoundCurve".) to avoid the WB stops when I am inserting data to postgis table.

GeometryFilter

GeometryValidator

ArcStrokcer

GeometryRefiner

Badge

@Takashi Iijima​ 

I have tried using the combination of this transformers but the issue still persist..

I would like to find a way to discard o repair these geometry ("CompoundCurve".) to avoid the WB stops when I am inserting data to postgis table.

GeometryFilter

Mr Takashi's solution worked very well for me. I couldn't write my polygons in a GPKG and I got a curvepolygon error that couldn't be written.

GeometryValidator

ArcStrokcer

GeometryRefiner