Question

Loosing z-values at Bufferer - how to avoid?

• 7 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a Mesh out of Esri Shape polylines. I have shape files from a public transport network and need them as a 3d model (FBX). The single lines do not have the same z-values, they are changing. You can find my workbench in the attachments. Unfortunately the ascii grid file is too big to upload here.

My workbench "works", i'm getting an FBX but i loose the z-values at the bufferer, so my Model is extruded but all lines are on the same altitude. After some research i found the 3DBufferer (Now Hub3DBufferer) but FME stopps the translation after around 1h with the following messages:

Extruder_Rejector(TestFactory): Extruder_<REJECTED> Feature Counter -1 2147680263: Failed to seek to beginning of `%0' -- perhaps there is not enough disk space

Failed to seek to beginning of `C:\\Users\\Clement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\no-conn-ffs-1512660184987_17620.ffs' -- perhaps there is not enough disk space

I have 120GB of disk space, so i'm not sure what's the problem.

I asked this in a comment in the following, but old thread as well:

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/4918/bufferer-for-polyline-with-z.html

Has anyone an idea how to avoid loosing the z-values? Many thanks for all inputs.

Cheers

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @uaclement, how about draping the buffer areas, rather than the source lines?

Badge

Hi @uaclement, how about draping the buffer areas, rather than the source lines?

Hmm, i'm feeling a little dumb now, not to have tried this before ;)

It works, thank you takashi.

Badge +4

I got the similar error message when using HttpCaller to download data from a web site in Json format. The diskspace for E: drive is not an issue. Any suggestions ?

Failed to seek to beginning of `E:\\FME_TEMP\\Enervest_V2_Producing_Entity_Stats_R5_102256\\inspector.ffs' -- perhaps there is not enough disk space

Badge +4

I got similar error message when downloading and loading data using HttpCaller from a external web site. Any suggestions ?

Failed to seek to beginning of `E:\\FME_TEMP\\Enervest_V2_Producing_Entity_Stats_R5_102256\\inspector.ffs' -- perhaps there is not enough disk space