Question

JSON Fragmenter Error - Features with no 'JSON_text_HTTPCaller_ws' value will be ignored

Badge +6

Howdy,

Are there known errors/solutions related to the  JSONfragmenter transformer's handling of attributes with no value?  For some reason instead of sending those records out through the Rejected port the translation ends with an error message.

Here is the full warning/ error message:

2019-06-18 12:43:35|   0.6|  0.0|WARN  |JSONFragmenter_14 (JSONQueryFactory): A feature was passed to the JSONQueryFactory with no value in the 'JSON_text_HTTPCaller_ws' attribute.  Features with no 'JSON_text_HTTPCaller_ws' value will be ignored

2019-06-18 12:43:35|   0.6|  0.0|STATS |Storing feature(s) to FME feature store file `D:\AppData\Local\wb-cache--EeQqMH\Main_JSONFragmenter_14 -1 10 fo 1 _lt_REJECTED_gt_  0  6d87df4aecc2d633e5a7711702c99e6532a5683f.ffsupdating'

2019-06-18 12:43:35|   0.6|  0.0|WARN  |JSONFragmenter_14 (JSONQueryFactory): No JSON data was found. Make sure the 'JSON Document' parameter has a value

Error running translation.

I am having this issue with both FME Desktop 2018.1.1.2 & 2019.0

A sample of this issue can be found in the attached data: 

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I don't know if it's an intended behavior that an empty value raises the error, but a a possible workaround, you can filter out invalid features with a Tester beforehand, as in:

Badge +6

I don't know if it's an intended behavior that an empty value raises the error, but a a possible workaround, you can filter out invalid features with a Tester beforehand, as in:

@takashi Thank you for the assistance, I really appreciate your example of using the "Type Is" operator, I should use that more frequently for this type of scenario as its a much more effective solution.

I had put a tester in there checking for "attribute has a value" as my work around but I'm modifying it per your example.