Question

Shapefile Writer: Maximum number of open output files reached, caching additional features until end of translation

• 30 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello,

I am splitting 49 Polygons from one shapefile to 49 separate shapefiles (see inputFile and fmw attached).

In the logfile I get a :

Shapefile Writer: Maximum number of open output files reached, caching additional features until end of translation

The translation is successful and neither a warning or an error is outputted (see test-fmw-log.txt attached)

All shapefile concerned by the caching are corrupt and I get a:

Worker 2876 > Shapefile Reader: File size and filesize record in header mismatch. File claims size of '108' bytes but is '112' on disk. Reading as many records as possible, but file may be corrupt

I am working with FME(R) 2019.2.0.0 (20191105 - Build 19801 - WIN64)

I think, these kind of translations never had problem...

Thanks for your support.

Florian

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @floriangandor

I'm sorry you're running into this issue. I was able to reproduce the issue using the data you provided in FME 2020.0 and will file a bug report. I will notify you once it has been resolved.

As a workaround, please continue to use the old Esri Shapefile (ESRISHAPE) writer instead of the newer Shapefile (SHAPEFILE) writer.

test-fmw_esrishape.fmw

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @floriangandor

I'm pleased to announce that this issue has been fixed in FME 2020.0 (build 20218+). Thank you for your patience as we resolve this issue!
Badge

Hi @floriangandor

I'm sorry you're running into this issue. I was able to reproduce the issue using the data you provided in FME 2020.0 and will file a bug report. I will notify you once it has been resolved.

As a workaround, please continue to use the old Esri Shapefile (ESRISHAPE) writer instead of the newer Shapefile (SHAPEFILE) writer.

test-fmw_esrishape.fmw

Hi @debbieatsafe, has this bug/issue been fixed? we're using windows 64bit fme build 20200.

BR andre@mmt

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @debbieatsafe, has this bug/issue been fixed? we're using windows 64bit fme build 20200.

BR andre@mmt

Hi @andre

Yes, the issue has been fixed in FME 2020.0, specifically builds 20218+. You can download the latest installers here