Question

Dynamic schema creation failing for Esri Guid

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hi,

I am creating a dynamic schema from a list, however when I am trying to create a GUID in an Esri File Geodatabase it is showing the field as text (using both writers and changing the format_short_name). What's more annoying is this same example is shown in this article: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/1051/index.html

Does this no longer work, or can you see an issue in this example??Guid.fmw

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I think fme_format_short_name should be GEODATABASE_FILE and not FILEGDB. Hoping that makes the difference.

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

I think fme_format_short_name should be GEODATABASE_FILE and not FILEGDB. Hoping that makes the difference.

Hi @mark2atsafe,

Oops had a mistake in the example (have now corrected the attached example for FILEGDB), because I had been playing around with different FIle Geodatabase writers and obviously forgot to update the short_name on the one I loaded.

Unfortunately this isn't the fix though, as it still shows as text.

Cheers,

Todd

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi @mark2atsafe,

Oops had a mistake in the example (have now corrected the attached example for FILEGDB), because I had been playing around with different FIle Geodatabase writers and obviously forgot to update the short_name on the one I loaded.

Unfortunately this isn't the fix though, as it still shows as text.

Cheers,

Todd

I'm checking with the developers. My first thought is that the API (FILEGDB) format doesn't support this, although I don't see why. I'll let you know what I hear back.