Question

Point in Polygon query

Badge +6

Hi I have a point and polygon feature class.

I need to find out the ids of polygons which contains greater or equal to than specified numbers of points. Also I need to get the point attributes for each of these polygons.

The number of points are defined in an xml file (see attached). I will need to create an alert record in a table when the number of point reaches the defined count values.

Any suggestions ?

testconfig.xml

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

I would start by using the PointonAreaOverlayer transformer. This adds a list of attributes from the points on the area and an _overlaps attribute with the number of points per area.

Badge +6

I would start by using the PointonAreaOverlayer transformer. This adds a list of attributes from the points on the area and an _overlaps attribute with the number of points per area.

Thanks. But thos doesnt provide me the flecibility to join with xml file and what I need.

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Thanks. But thos doesnt provide me the flecibility to join with xml file and what I need.

No, for that you will need to read the XML (XML reader) and a FeatureMerger transformer.

Then use the Tester to compare the values.

Hope this helps.

Badge +6

1. ok. _overlaps gives the count per polygon. but I also need the list of points for each polygon. Any idea?

Userlevel 2
Badge +12
  1. ok. _overlaps gives the count per polygon. but I also need the list of points for each polygon. Any idea?

The PointonAreaOverlayer allows you to define a list to store the attributes of the points that are inside the area. Have a look at the documentation for the transformer here