Solved

How to create an AR-model on world-coordinates?

Badge

I've tried to convert a dwg to an AR-model on world-coordinates.

(based on post https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/105979/question-of-the-week-anchor-points-in-the-fme-ar-w.html )

I get the AR-model, but the 'move the model to the geolocation message' won't popup in ios. So the model won't move to the right coordinates.

Could someone have a look at my workspace please (if something is wrong)?

I've made an translation between the RD-coordinates and the lati- and longitude coordinates.

It would be great if someone could fix this! :-)

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by angusatsafe 31 March 2020, 13:15

View original

4 replies

Hi sprongandre,

I looked at the DWG2AR.fmw and realized that the "fmear_anchor_feature" should be "fmear_location_feature" instead. It also needs to have a value "anchor" to identify this is an geolocated anchor. I will attach a screenshot of the changes.

I also noticed that you are using FME 2020.0 (build 20200), which has the latest FME AR Writer changes that the FME AR app hasn't supported yet. We have been updating the app for iOS. We expect to release it in the next few days. I will attach a preview screenshot of your model in the new release.

If you would like to try out the beta version of the app before the release (which might take a few days or a week), you can email me at and I will see if I can add you as a beta tester.

Thank you for using our mobile app.

Best Regards,

Angus Lau

Senior Software Developer

Safe Software Inc.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hi sprongandre,

I looked at the DWG2AR.fmw and realized that the "fmear_anchor_feature" should be "fmear_location_feature" instead. It also needs to have a value "anchor" to identify this is an geolocated anchor. I will attach a screenshot of the changes.

I also noticed that you are using FME 2020.0 (build 20200), which has the latest FME AR Writer changes that the FME AR app hasn't supported yet. We have been updating the app for iOS. We expect to release it in the next few days. I will attach a preview screenshot of your model in the new release.

If you would like to try out the beta version of the app before the release (which might take a few days or a week), you can email me at and I will see if I can add you as a beta tester.

Best Regards,

Angus Lau

Safe Software Inc.

Thanks for the update on this Angus
Badge

Hi sprongandre,

Best Regards,

Angus Lau

Safe Software Inc.

Hi @angusatsafe thanks for your update and answer! I'm looking forward to the release :-D. Looks great!

Hi @sprongandre, the iOS app is in the beta phase and will be released soon. If you would like try it now, you can try to install it by clicking this link: https://testflight.apple.com/join/ioXIdtmM.