Question

about ListBreaker

• 27 February 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi folks

I've tried using ListBreaker to transform list indexes into attributes,

it does exactly what I am searching to do

my reader is a JSON file, depending to the file used, the workspace begins then stays in pause,

without giving result

i join the data and workspace

I use FME 2019 last build 19214 64b

regards

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I looked at the definition of the ListBreaker and found there is a defect that the loop would repeat infinitely if the specified list didn't exist. In your data, the 196th feature doesn't have the "mere{}" list.

@Mark2AtSafe, could you please check the implementation of the custom transformer?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Thanks for checking that out Takashi. Yes, I didn't have a test in there for an empty or missing list. I've added something in there that will output the features as rejected in that case. The new version is on the hub and it should work OK for you now, @pascalmortz

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Thanks for checking that out Takashi. Yes, I didn't have a test in there for an empty or missing list. I've added something in there that will output the features as rejected in that case. The new version is on the hub and it should work OK for you now, @pascalmortz

Hi @Mark2AtSafe, thanks for updating the transformer.

I sometimes use the BulkAttributeRenamer (Regular Expression Replace) to convert list elements to regular attributes whose names are suffixed by the original index. The method definitely works in FME 2018 and earlier, but I noticed that it doesn't work with FME 2019 beta (build 19215).

This screenshot illustrates the issue that appeared on FME 2019 beta. Is it an intentional change or an unexpected regression to be fixed?

Badge

Thanx for all

I test now.

Badge

Ok It works properly, thanx a lot