Solved

XML parser error

• 26 October 2017
  • 4 replies

I`m trying to open a xml file with the xml reader, but I`m getting a XML parser error. Attached is the sample xml file. Who can help me?

icon

Best answer by takashi 26 October 2017, 17:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @roelslangen, I suspect that the XML reader has not been configured appropriately when you added it to the workspace. Usually you can read any XML document with Feature Paths configuration by setting one or more elements that you want to read as features.

See this excellent tutorial to lean more: Getting Started with XML

Hi @takashi,

I'veaccidently attached the wrong xml file. This one is giving errors when I try toselect the ‘Elements to Match’: li-16o044309-5-versie-202-2016-09-01.xml

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @takashi,

I'veaccidently attached the wrong xml file. This one is giving errors when I try toselect the ‘Elements to Match’: li-16o044309-5-versie-202-2016-09-01.xml

I looked at the document and found it's an HTML document. Although HTML can be considered as a subset of XML, but XML parser cannot parse it in general.

Consider using HTML Table reader if you need to extract a table from the document. The HTMLExtractor transformer could also be an option depending on what you need to extract from the document.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @takashi,

Is the HTML document a page from GitHub?

It shows an XML document on a web browser, but each row is contained by an HTML table in fact.

The HTML Table Reader and Aggregator just can restore the XML document.