Question

Convert txt to structured Json format

Hi,

I am in new in Json file formatting and I have a flat file that contained data to be used in HTTPCaller to an API that need structured Json formatting file. I am struggling with converting my flat file into structured Json format. I tried many options and can't get it to work.

I have attached my input and desired output files

Thanks for your assistance.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @oumar, you can use the JSONTemplater to convert the CSV record to a JSON text structure. This is a template expression example that convert a single row of the CSV to a JSON text.

{
    "logging" : {
        "sessionId" : fme:get-attribute("logging.sessionId"),
        "quoteNumber" : fme:get-attribute("logging.quoteNumber")
    },
    "quote" : {
        "numberOfUnits" : fme:get-attribute("quote.numberOfUnits"),
        "numberOfResidents" : fme:get-attribute("quote.numberOfResidents"),
        "numberOfDogs" : fme:get-attribute("quote.numberOfDogs"),
        "numberOfGarages" : fme:get-attribute("quote.numberOfGarages")
    },
    "filter" : {
        "formCode" : fme:get-attribute("filter.formCode"),
        "uwCompany" : fme:get-attribute("filter.uwCompany"),
        "uwTier" : fme:get-attribute("filter.uwTier"),
        "wildfireScore": fme:get-attribute("filter.wildfireScore")
    }
}

See also the Help to learn more.

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Transformers/Transformers/jsontemplater.htm

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @oumar,

You can use the JSONTemplater to create the output JSON that can be used in the JSON writer. I am attaching a workspace to illustrate.

csv2json.fmw

Thanks Dave and Takashi for your expertise.

Hi @oumar,

You can use the JSONTemplater to create the output JSON that can be used in the JSON writer. I am attaching a workspace to illustrate.

csv2json.fmw

Hi Dave,

on a follow up question, how do I feed the result into a HTTPCaller to call an API. I am able to do so just by having only 1 record in a file using Upload data = file and pointing that file with single record.CL_Underwriter_JsonExtracter_Grid_Input_json.fmwt

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi Dave,

on a follow up question, how do I feed the result into a HTTPCaller to call an API. I am able to do so just by having only 1 record in a file using Upload data = file and pointing that file with single record.CL_Underwriter_JsonExtracter_Grid_Input_json.fmwt

Hi @oumar,

If you use Takashi's template in a single JSONTemplater, you will get one attribute containing the complete JSON string, that can be used as the upload string in the HTTPCaller.