Solved

insert new feature

Badge +10

Hello Guys

I have an excel sheet with a total of school in each district we want to create a new sheet where we give each school name sch1, sch2 ... incrementally the total will represent the the Total school in sheet one , the number f classes will be divided equally to the number of school , then input is in total school sheet and the out put we are looking for is in the School Name sheet , we are doing this in order to give each school its reel location and after each school will update their information.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by takashi 6 June 2016, 16:31

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @boubcher, if the total number of students cannot be divided by the number of schools, how should the remainder be distributed to the schools?

It would be easy if the remainder can be discarded (e.g. District B 67 -> 33 and 33 for two schools, discard the remainder 1). However, if the remainder cannot be discarded, the solution would be different according to how to distribute the remainder to the schools and you need to define the rule for distribution strictly.

Badge +10

Thanks Takashi

you are are right we can set the value to the remainder. , how could create those features it didnt work for me

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi, this is a fundamental way in the case where the remainder can be discarded.

1. ExpressionEvaluator: Calculate the average of student number for each district. The @int function truncates decimal places.
  2. Cloner: Create copies of features for each district by the number of schools.
  3. ExpressionEvaluator_2: Increment the copy number attribute if necessary.
  4. StringConcatenator: Concatenate "sch", value of "Dist", and the copy number to create school name.

Badge +10

Thanks Takashi work fine ,

Badge +10

I resolve the problem in case there is a remainder between to Global total of the district and when we break down based on shcooleinsert-new-featur.fmwt