Question

Shape to kml issue:

• 19 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Shape to kmz issue. Workbench runs and records getting written, But then the KMZ is 0 bytes.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @jhawks

You should get valid KMZ output if you disable the connection between the Creator transformer and the ScreenOverlay feature type in the Screen Overlays bookmark (highlighted in red within the screenshot).

Badge +6

That worked, thanks! Next up in this same workbench, I'm trying to create a complicated Table of Contents, In Places. This KML was originally created using Arc2Earth software but then the company went under, so I've been slowly trying to recreate it all with FME. This TOC is the last piece of it and it's complex enough I'm not sure where to start.

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

That worked, thanks! Next up in this same workbench, I'm trying to create a complicated Table of Contents, In Places. This KML was originally created using Arc2Earth software but then the company went under, so I've been slowly trying to recreate it all with FME. This TOC is the last piece of it and it's complex enough I'm not sure where to start.

Hi @jhawks

I'm glad to hear it helped.

I would recommend starting with this article here for creating the Table of Content structure: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/74315/creating-kml-folders-through-kml-ids.html

It looks like you have started creating the folder structure using this method already in the workspace you uploaded. Continue to create the child Data folders for each scale level and it should get you the TOC structure you want.

Note that you should omit the kml_document format attribute when creating folders as you are writing to a .kmz file.