Question

how to generate histogram

• 20 August 2017
  • 8 replies

Pl. see data in attached Excel file. I am able to obtain the data ready to plot histogram as shown in the attached Excel file. The further steps to plot histogram is where I am stuck.

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @bey_atkins2009,

The transformer ChartGenerator is interessant in your case.

You can find the documentation Chart Generator.

Thanks,

Danilo

Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Hi @bey_atkins2009, are you wanting a graphical histogram or a summary table like you've shown in your Excel? Also, what format do you want to write the histogram to?
Badge +2

Hello @bey_atkins2009,

In addition to @danilo_inovacao good recomendation you can use the HTMLreportGenerator to generate and display your charts in an HTML page using FME Desktop.

Cheers.

Lyes

Hi @bey_atkins2009, are you wanting a graphical histogram or a summary table like you've shown in your Excel? Also, what format do you want to write the histogram to?
Hi TiaAtSafe, I am already able to generate the summary table that I have shown. I would like to generate a graphical histogram from that summary table data and save it as an image file (.png). Is it a problem that the X values are not numeric values in this case ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @bey_atkins2009, could you share us your Workspace template ( . fmwt ) ?

Thanks,

Danilo

Hi @bey_atkins2009, could you share us your Workspace template ( . fmwt ) ?

Thanks,

Danilo

Pl. find the data in .csv file and the FME file .fmw in the attached zip file

test.zip

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi @bey_atkins2009, using the ChartGenerator like @danilo_inovacao suggested should give you the output you're after. I created the following using the transformer:

I set the Chart Type to Bar in order to label with your range values.

EDIT: The Data Attribute was set to Number and the Data Label Attribute to Range.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @bey_atkins2009, using the ChartGenerator like @danilo_inovacao suggested should give you the output you're after. I created the following using the transformer:

I set the Chart Type to Bar in order to label with your range values.

EDIT: The Data Attribute was set to Number and the Data Label Attribute to Range.

Perfect @TiaAtSafe, good Job.