Question

ESRI shapefile converted to citygml but the final converted citygml file can't be opened in other software

• 12 February 2019
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hi i have attached 2 ways i carried out my transformation from esri shapefile to citygml. The first way is shown below in the attachment. However, I am not able to upload the final citygml file into an online portal as it says there is an error with the file. I am not sure where i went wrong in my transformation. Can someone please help? Thanks.

For the second way, i just used attribute creator and geometry setter after i extruded and then used the citygml writer to write the file. The forum that explains this is as follows.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/fmetalk/R6QGevN7uGY

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

You didn't include source data so I ran it with a simple polygon instead and from what I can tell there's no problem. FME Data Inspector opens up the file ok. Now, it may be that that online portal you're uploading it to does all kinds of validations on the file and it's failing those because a lot of the attributes are not populated, are you getting any specifics on what error there is in the file?

Badge

You didn't include source data so I ran it with a simple polygon instead and from what I can tell there's no problem. FME Data Inspector opens up the file ok. Now, it may be that that online portal you're uploading it to does all kinds of validations on the file and it's failing those because a lot of the attributes are not populated, are you getting any specifics on what error there is in the file?

I have added the source data (shapefile) as shown. Unfortunately it just says error, it can't be loaded into the online portal. No specific error. Would you mind trying this file with my FME transformer? If this file works and can be converted to citygml then it could be due to the reason you said

test2.zip