Badge +1

Hi, I have an excel table with over 100 folder, lets say for example

folder

C:\\data\\1a\\z

C:\\data\\1b\\z

C:\\data\\2a\\z

C:\\data\\2b\\z

that I read in my main.fmw workspace

and I want to send it to another workspace that is named edit.fmw for example.

In each folder I know there is many dwg, but I want to open the one in the subfolder that ends with ....03.dwg because that is always the terrain file in all folders.

I want to

1. Read excel

2. Find the name of the dwg in each folder

3. Send it to my other workspace and open it with a reader to do other stuff with.

Any ideas?

I basically need help with how to set up the workspacerunner and since I dont want to manually find and enter the name of the correct dwg is there a way to test/search for a file in that folder that ends with a specific string?

I have looked at pathreader but that only reads dwg--> find metadatafiles and filepath but I want the other way around, folder-->list of all files.

icon

Best answer by ebygomm 14 January 2020, 10:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

You should be able to use a featurereader to get the filepath of the dwg file after reading the folder specified from the excel file, you can then use this as an input parameter in your workspace runner

Badge +1

You should be able to use a featurereader to get the filepath of the dwg file after reading the folder specified from the excel file, you can then use this as an input parameter in your workspace runner

Thank you very much seems to work fine!