Question

Could not create the File Geodatabase '-2147467259' error

• 6 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello,

I get Geodatabase Error (-2147024894): The system cannot find the file specified. Could not open File Geodatabase dataset `\\\\coacd.org\\dfs\\PDRD\\IT_Services\\GIS_Group\\Programs\\Zoning\\test.gdb' for writing when using FME Server. This works on my desktop.

I've checked on permissions, and was told I have modify privileges. I tested that by writing a shapefile to the Zoning folder and that worked. As you can see I am also using the UNC path. I've also played with both the arcobjects and API writers. I have a sample workbench that I am testing. I would appreciate anyone looking at that or giving me some clues on this issue. Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 4

Which user is your FME Server Engines service running as? If it's running as Local System, you cannot access network resources and you'll have to configure it to run as a domain user.

See here for more information: https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/Content/AdminGuide/Running_FME_Server_Engines_Under_Different_Account.htm

Badge

Thanks for your response.

It is running as a user of the FME server, not my local account, if that is what you mean.

Userlevel 4

What I'm meaning is that the service called "FME Server Engines" won't be able to access network resources if it runs as "Local System", like this:

If you need FME Server to access network resources, you'll have to reconfigure the Engine service to run as a domain user with specific right on that network share, as in the link I posted below.

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Are you using a 64 bit FME server?

In that case it would require the 64 bit ESRI geoprocessing DLL's on the server to be installed.