Question

Batch Deployment output name problem

• 11 July 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello!

I have setup a workspace where I compare an Minecraft world with several other versions of that same world.

I use the PointCloudMerger to give only the changes between the original and the new world.

Because Minecraft reader is always a Level.dat I use the FilenameExtractor to extract the folder name (dirname) for that Level.dat file.

The output is writen away as a *.csv with X,Y,Z,blockId,blockData and named after the folder name.

Running this process inside the workspace for one world works perfectly, however, when I use batch deployment something goes wrong.

It always uses the folder name of the first level.dat file, while it parses through all the others.

This results in the same output name for all *.csv files.

What am I doing wrong?

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @briandev The FilenamePartExtractor in your workspace uses a published parameter for one of the two MINECRAFT readers to set the Source Filename, then _dirname sets the CSV file name. What are your Batch Deploy parameters? Is just one of the readers changing? You might get better mileage with a FeatureReader or a WorkspaceRunner than with the Batch Deploy.