Question

Converting from V8 to V7 of Microstation

• 21 October 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi Everybody ,

Anybody knows what is the procedure to convert a map from V8 of microstation to V7 of microstation ???.

I have added a writer from V8 (A map that contains all the elements in V8) , and I have added a output in V7 , but I see that , If I try to configure it by geometry , doesn't appears the names of the geometry , appears Numbers , in this case , 1 for cells , 2 for lines ... etc.

The diagram executed seems to work OK , write all the features but when I open the DGN file in V7 there isn't nothing , no elements.

Any idea ??? , thanks in advanced for your help !!!

I leave the log of the translation ...

3 replies

Badge +16

Hi @xavigarciamar looks to me like you have unsupported features for v7 you are trying to write into v7.

A feature was found to have a string linkage, which is unsupported by IGDS V7 writing

2016-10-21 10:29:30| 3.9| 0.0|WARN |Rejected 939 features destined for IGDS file C:\\FME\\v8_to_v7Camp\\llavor_full_v7.dgn

Badge

Yes Itay , I have seen now , thanks for the help !! it's solved , I don't know why , but by geometry doesn't works me , if I do it by name or number it works correctly,

Thanks !!

Badge +16

Yes Itay , I have seen now , thanks for the help !! it's solved , I don't know why , but by geometry doesn't works me , if I do it by name or number it works correctly,

Thanks !!

No problem glad I could help.