Solved

RasterCellcoercer

• 5 February 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

Hi, I am reading 2 ASCI files convert these to rasters and clip each to a polygon feature class, then generate points using RasterCellCoercer so that I end up with a point feature class with DTM and DSM height values for each point. This process is taking far too long. See attached workbench.

Any suggestion how the performance can be improved?

icon

Best answer by dmitribagh 10 February 2016, 01:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

This QA might be helpful: Optimising use of RasterCellCoercer

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi @sunsilk11

I think, the best way to approach this problem is through combining the results of the clipping together into a single rasters grouped by OBJECTID - use RasterBandCombiner for that. If the clipped rasters have the same extents and spacing, this should work nicely. After that, you will have a single raster with two bands - one band will have DTM heights, and another - DSM. Coerce the raster to points and rename both bands to DSM_Height and DTM_Height, and the output can go directly to geodatabase. FeatureMerger, which is the slowest part of you workspace, is simply excluded.

See the attachment, I added the necessary transformers below your part of the workspace:

dm-1553-processlidar.fmw

If this does not help, do not hesitate to contact me directly at dmitri.bagh@safe.com

Dmitri