Question

AreaOnAreaOverlayer giving huge output

• 14 May 2020
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hi

Due to performance issues I had to roll back my fme from 2019.1 to 2018.1 (see post here).

However, going back in versions appears to have thrown up a problem. I am trying to run about 5500 features through the AreaOnAreaOverlayer and it is giving me 80000+ features on the output. This was never a problem with the previous version (I was only getting about 7500 features output). Does anyone have any idea why this would happen? I've attached the log file if that is any help.

Thanks for any help you can give.

B

1 reply

Badge +2

@bjudes AreaOnAreaOverlayer had tolerances added in FME 2018 and then a few other fixes for FME 2019. Adding the tolerances should have eliminated the many small areas which used to occur along boundaries so I'm surprosed to see that reappear in 2018. Make sure the version of your AreaOnAreaOverlayer is up-to-date. Right click and select Upgrade Transformer if it is available.

It's disappointing to hear that FME 2019 is slower than 2018. If you're able to share your data and workspace then we can also look into that (you can send it direct to me if the data is sensitive mark @ safe.com)