Question

Error in PDF Generation em version 2019.2.0.0

• 6 September 2019
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Greetings,

I´m getting a strange error when trying to generate a PDF in 2019.2.0.0 version (Build 19752 - WIN64 or Build 734 - win32).

The same flow works perfectly in version 2018.1.2.0 Build 18590 - WIN32, and we are planning to migrate to the new version soon but in our tests we enconter this error.

For some unknow reason, in this example,some polygon near the "LTP" and "FTP" entrances in the 2nd table are dissapearing. In my original flow (not this sample), this behavior occurs in the polygons in the middle of table, so I don´t think it´s a problem related of the fact of be one of the last rows.

I generated a small flow with the same problem to reproduce the situation for your avaliation.

Thanks a lot for the help.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @heidelbergh, FME 2019.2 is a beta version which is still undergoing development. That means it could have unknown problems.

In my quick test with the latest release version - FME 2019.1.2.0 build 19630, your workspace completed the translation successfully.

I'd recommend you to use a release version to create and run a production workspace, and please contact Safe support if you noticed any issue in the latest beta version in order to make coming release versions better.

Badge

Hi @takashi, thank you for the reply.

I made another test with a more complete version of my template using the FME 2019.1.2.0 build 19630 and occurs the same error.

I attached the new template version for you apreciation.

Notice that the generated PDF now make a distorcion between the lines "AS ASSIGNED" and "STEPDOWN FIX".

Thanks in advance. error_template_pdf.fmwt

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @takashi, thank you for the reply.

I made another test with a more complete version of my template using the FME 2019.1.2.0 build 19630 and occurs the same error.

I attached the new template version for you apreciation.

Notice that the generated PDF now make a distorcion between the lines "AS ASSIGNED" and "STEPDOWN FIX".

Thanks in advance. error_template_pdf.fmwt

Hi @heidelbergh

The distortions in both cases are caused by the order of features drawn.

FME reads the table cell backgrounds as white areas. Theses background areas overlap the black table cell outlines.

The distortion occurs when the black cell outline features are drawn before the white cell background. Due to the overlap, when the cell outline is written before the white background areas, the white cell background will hide part of the cell outline and create the distortion you are reporting.

To work around this, you can either remove the white cell backgrounds or use the format attribute pdf_feature_order to control the order of features drawn. As stated in the documentation, this format attribute specified the order in which features are drawn when written to the same page, frame, and layer (as it does in your template workspace).

I have attached as template workspace demonstrating the pdf_feature_order approach. pdfFeatureOrder_safeSupport.fmwt