Solved

My Tiff/geotiff writer will not write any world files or tab files

Badge +3

I have Feature Reader that pulls tiff files, these are then passed on to the Geotiff writer. I now want the writer to write the tiffs, with the world files. I have selected within the writer to include world files but it is not working. I've uploaded the workspace.

Thanks for any help.

Bjudes

icon

Best answer by bjudes 31 July 2018, 15:25

View original

9 replies

Badge +3
Has anyone got any ideas on this, would appreciate any help. Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I noticed that the FeatureReader is currently set to use the TIFF reader, what happens if you change that to GeoTIFF?

If that doesn't work, inspect the data coming out of the FeatureReader and doublecheck whether it's acutally georeferenced.

Badge +3

I noticed that the FeatureReader is currently set to use the TIFF reader, what happens if you change that to GeoTIFF?

If that doesn't work, inspect the data coming out of the FeatureReader and doublecheck whether it's acutally georeferenced.

Thanks for the answer. Changing to GeoTiff doesn't make any difference. I also tried inspecting and the images are georeferenced. In the log file (attached), you can see that it is reading the .tfw from the original folder. Any ideas? Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

B

logfile.txt

Userlevel 5
Badge +25
Thanks for the answer. Changing to GeoTiff doesn't make any difference. I also tried inspecting and the images are georeferenced. In the log file (attached), you can see that it is reading the .tfw from the original folder. Any ideas? Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

B

logfile.txt

Could you also post the end of the logfile, i.e. where it's writing?

Badge +3

logtext2.txt

Please find it attached. Thanks B

Userlevel 5
Badge +25
logtext2.txt

Hard to say... I would try removing and re-adding the writer, see if that fixes it. I'm also wondering about the notifications you get when writing, maybe that's something Safe's support should look into.

Badge +3

I said I'd try and write to JPEG to see if I'm having the same problem. Within the log file I get this warning

2018-07-31 11:30:04| 20.2| 0.0|WARN |JPEG writer: Some georeferencing information may be lost when writing to this format. Consider writing a world file to preserve this information

I have checked to write a world file, just like last time.

Removing the writer doesn't work, I've tried that. Thanks for all your help.

B

Badge +3
Update. I got it to work, I didn't have the Schema output port from the feature reader attached to the writer. This stopped the tfw/tab writing. Thanks for your help.

Badge +3
logtext2.txt

Update. I got it to work, I didn't have the Schema output port from the feature reader attached to the writer. This stopped the tfw/tab writing. Thanks for your help.