Question

I want to extract XFM data from the attached dgn file. I have tried using the Bentley Map V8XFM reader in both FME 2017 & 2018, but am unable to do so. I have exposed the igds_xfm* attributes as well. Is there a way out ?

• 26 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge

I want to extract XFM data from the attached dgn file. I have tried using the Bentley Map V8XFM reader in both FME 2017 & 2018, but am unable to do so. I have exposed the igds_xfm* attributes as well. Is there a way out ?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @bb,

I simulated your case in my machine exposing the elements from the reader:

You can check the attributes in Data Inspector - Table View:

Attached the Workspace template - workspace-dgn.fmwt

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge

Thanks a lot Danilo. But how do i Decode these values ? Also these are non-geometric, I put a GeometryFilter with NULL option checked and segregated the features into with geometry and without geometry. These being non-geometric, should have some key, which relates them to Geometric features.

Badge

Hi @bb,

I simulated your case in my machine exposing the elements from the reader:

You can check the attributes in Data Inspector - Table View:

Attached the Workspace template - workspace-dgn.fmwt

Thanks,

Danilo

I did another workaround and was able to read the data. I attached BinaryEncoder to the reader with Base64 Encodingtype on igds_xattributes{0}.data attribute. Then i connected the output to TextDecoder with Base64 encodingtype and System Default option in Character Encoding. The destination attribute "_decoded" in the inspector table showed me some meaningful data. I wrote the output in a csv file. Will have to format the output. Thanks a lot Danilo.
Userlevel 4
Badge +30
I did another workaround and was able to read the data. I attached BinaryEncoder to the reader with Base64 Encodingtype on igds_xattributes{0}.data attribute. Then i connected the output to TextDecoder with Base64 encodingtype and System Default option in Character Encoding. The destination attribute "_decoded" in the inspector table showed me some meaningful data. I wrote the output in a csv file. Will have to format the output. Thanks a lot Danilo.
Hi @bb,

Great news. Did you have success?

Thanks,

Danilo