Question

FME-Server: workspace failes via API

• 20 February 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hey there,

I made a website (HTML, JS, CSS) with which I can list and execute several workspaces. The last workspace I added fails when executing, but works properly when running on the server directly ("Run Workspace").

The first error in the log is:

E57 reader: An error occurred while reading. The error was 'open() failed (E57_ERROR_OPEN_FAILED)' with context 'err=13 fileName=. flags=32768 mode=0' (error code = 17)

The file is uploaded and available. I can't see the problem. Other workspaces where uploaded files are nedded work great.

Cheers,

Maria

5 replies

Badge +2

Hi @gpt_executer,

One suggestion that came from one of my colleagues is to remove the double quotes around the input dataset, i.e.: 

input=%22%22$(FME_DATA_REPOSITORY)/GPT/e57_2_e57__offset.fmw/9635844781/5120_0900_009-20191013_5cm.e57%22%20%22
 The quotes are encoded as %22%22 at the start and %22%20%22 at the end. Try removing those and give it a try to see if it resolves the issue.

Additionally, it looks like there is a different sub-folder in the input dataset path. 

fme_admin
 in the working case and 
 in the failing case. This might have been for testing purposes, but can you confirm that this in fact a valid sub-folder?

Hope that helps!

Badge +1

Hi @chrisatsafe,

thanks for the answer and the suggestions.

The subfolder exists (this is the ID created temporary for the workspace) and so does the file.

I stripped the quotes in the url (input-parameter) manually and opened it - it worked!

But I don't know how I can modify my JavaScript-Code as all the other workspaces work as expected.

Here is a snippet of my code, which triggers FME Server to run the workspace:

That's what the browser's console displays:

the file:

And the console output with a working workspace:

and its file:

Any other suggestions?!

workspace: e57_e57.fmw (I can't offer a sample e57-file as an input at the moment, but any file should do it)

Badge +9

Hi @chrisatsafe,

thanks for the answer and the suggestions.

The subfolder exists (this is the ID created temporary for the workspace) and so does the file.

I stripped the quotes in the url (input-parameter) manually and opened it - it worked!

But I don't know how I can modify my JavaScript-Code as all the other workspaces work as expected.

Here is a snippet of my code, which triggers FME Server to run the workspace:

That's what the browser's console displays:

the file:

And the console output with a working workspace:

and its file:

Any other suggestions?!

workspace: e57_e57.fmw (I can't offer a sample e57-file as an input at the moment, but any file should do it)

Hi @gpt_executer,

I noticed in your workspace your published parameter was set to Filename (Existing). I wonder if changing the published parameter to either Filename (Multiple) or Filename (Output) would work better? I tested with some sample code from the community and Filename (Output) worked for me.

Here's the code I used: https://jsfiddle.net/siennaemery/hqztbg9w/1/

It's from https://playground.fmeserver.com/javascript/server-uploads/upload-file-in-session/

Let me know if that works for you!

Badge +1

Hi @gpt_executer,

I noticed in your workspace your published parameter was set to Filename (Existing). I wonder if changing the published parameter to either Filename (Multiple) or Filename (Output) would work better? I tested with some sample code from the community and Filename (Output) worked for me.

Here's the code I used: https://jsfiddle.net/siennaemery/hqztbg9w/1/

It's from https://playground.fmeserver.com/javascript/server-uploads/upload-file-in-session/

Let me know if that works for you!

Phew, it's getting weird.

I changed the published input parameter to "Filename (Multiple)" and "Filename (Output)". None of them let me upload files. So I changed it back to "Filename (Existing)". I'm not sure if I did anything else, now it works, but: the next workspace I added gives me the same error: works fine on FME Server directly, but fails via JS API.

I am running FME Server 2018 (Build 18310 - win64) and JavaScript API V3. Does this have an influence, @chrisatsafe & @siennaatsafe?!

Badge +9

Phew, it's getting weird.

I changed the published input parameter to "Filename (Multiple)" and "Filename (Output)". None of them let me upload files. So I changed it back to "Filename (Existing)". I'm not sure if I did anything else, now it works, but: the next workspace I added gives me the same error: works fine on FME Server directly, but fails via JS API.

I am running FME Server 2018 (Build 18310 - win64) and JavaScript API V3. Does this have an influence, @chrisatsafe & @siennaatsafe?!

Hi @gpt_executer,

It's fine to use FME Server 2018 with V3, that's what it was originally made with. To be honest, I'm not sure what could be causing your issues. However, if you wanted to file a case https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/ I can set up a screen share with you and we could try to troubleshoot together.