Question

How does one edit a reader that has already been created

• 28 March 2019
  • 3 replies

I have a reader in my workspace that is not correct (i.e. reading the wrong feature class in my GDB). However, when I try to edit it it's all grayed out and not editable. When I create a new reader it will read the correct GDB, but it won't add the correct field name in the Feature Class or Table Name dialogue box.

Thanks

3 replies

Badge +10

Hi @mlhotz,

If the feature class that you are wanting to read is in the same Geodatabase "PofPRVessel", you will want to "Import Reader Feature Types.." to add a new/the proper feature class.

This can be done from the top bar: Readers > Import Feature Types. After you confirm the Format and the Geodatabase, you should be provided with a list of Feature Types (aka feature classes), select the Feature Class that you would like to read, click "OK" and the feature type will be added to the workspace canvas. More information on managing feature types can be found here, and information on File Geodatabase Open API reader can be found here.

If you no longer need the "Vessel" feature type in your workspace, you can simply delete it.

Let me know if you have further questions.

- Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

You can also stop using Classic Readers and use FeatureReaders instead. They work more intuitive in my opinion.

classicfeaturereader.fmwt

Badge +3

@mlhotz

Hi,

You can also use menu item readers=>update feature types. (which is just below the import feature types)

Choose the reader and ok.

You then will enter the feature type menu like when u created it.