Question

remove / delete unknow empty attributes(column), writing shape

• 21 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have various data source with various attributes. I want update all data's just like that no empty attibutes are writing.

For example: Shapefile (name "blabla.shp) in directory should be read in, automatically remove all empty attributes (column) and writing a new shapefile (blabla_del.shp) in same directory.

The Python Script in other posts not works. Example in zip.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @ivopaffrath, it's an interesting challenge. I have an idea but it's hard to explain only with words. If you could share the "blabla.shp" with us, I would provide a workspace example (FME 2017.0, 2017.1.2, or 2018.0) that implements my idea.

Badge

Hi @ivopaffrath, it's an interesting challenge. I have an idea but it's hard to explain only with words. If you could share the "blabla.shp" with us, I would provide a workspace example (FME 2017.0, 2017.1.2, or 2018.0) that implements my idea.

is uploaded

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Thanks for sharing the sample data.

This is the implementation of my idea: remove-empty-attributes.fmwt (FME 2017.1.2.1)