Solved

Export to Multiple formats

• 3 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello,

I am working on revamping a workspace that is used as an open data platform to export all available data into 5 different formats (Geopackage, FGDB, DWG, CSV, SHP). Each dataset (ie. cadastral, development, engineeering etc.) have varying featureclasses that need to be exported into one zipped folder. Currently my set up has one writer per dataset per format (10 datasets, 50 writers).

Is there some way to loop through the formats on a single writer, while writing out into a zipped folder per format?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by erik_jan 3 October 2019, 21:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

You could use the Generic Writer and have one writer in the workspace.

The writer has a parameter to set the format in a dynamic way.

Then you could run the workspace for each format, using the WorkspaceRunner transformer.

That way you will have the output defined once.

Badge

You could use the Generic Writer and have one writer in the workspace.

The writer has a parameter to set the format in a dynamic way.

Then you could run the workspace for each format, using the WorkspaceRunner transformer.

That way you will have the output defined once.

Thanks @erik_jan I did not know about the generic writer. I was able to set the FeatureWriter to the Generic format, and then set that as a User Parameter. I am trying to now figure out how to loop (within the same workspace) a list of the same formats through the Generic FeatureWriter User Parameter.

Badge +16

Thanks @erik_jan I did not know about the generic writer. I was able to set the FeatureWriter to the Generic format, and then set that as a User Parameter. I am trying to now figure out how to loop (within the same workspace) a list of the same formats through the Generic FeatureWriter User Parameter.

Hi @dmerrick,

Next to looping the same workspace, you can also set it up as a master-child approach.

The master workspace passes the format required to the child workspace. This way you can create a file with the formats to read in the master workspace and pass that on to the child workspace.

Hope this helps.