Solved

Hatches and line improperly in DWG

• 29 December 2018
  • 8 replies

I'm having trouble building my DWG file again. I've done tests in several ways, using FeatureWriter, using template file, but nothing helped me.

Follows my workspace:

I just need to read the file and write it to DWG identical to the input file. See the differences in the images below:

the input file

the output file

input

output

input

output

Thank´s

icon

Best answer by itay 2 January 2019, 15:26

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hello @maccabi

Thanks your Workspace template.

I opened here in my machine in FME Desktop and the input file is:

My question: Are you using AutoCAD program to see the Input and Output files?

Obrigado / Thanks,

Danilo

Hello @maccabi

Thanks your Workspace template.

I opened here in my machine in FME Desktop and the input file is:

My question: Are you using AutoCAD program to see the Input and Output files?

Obrigado / Thanks,

Danilo

Hi @danilo_fme.

Thank´s for your attention.

Correct! I´m using AutoCAD 2019 version to see the Input and Output files.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @danilo_fme.

Thank´s for your attention.

Correct! I´m using AutoCAD 2019 version to see the Input and Output files.

Hi @maccabi

Thanks.

Please, open the transformer DWGStyler_12 and change GOST-GLASS to GOST_GLASS - the correct type Fill Pattern Name:

I'm checking anothers errors.

Obrigado,

Danilo

Hi @maccabi

Thanks.

Please, open the transformer DWGStyler_12 and change GOST-GLASS to GOST_GLASS - the correct type Fill Pattern Name:

I'm checking anothers errors.

Obrigado,

Danilo

Ok Danilo,

Thank´s for your tip. I will change.

I´m grateful for your help still this moment.

what you discover will be of great value...

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Ok Danilo,

Thank´s for your tip. I will change.

I´m grateful for your help still this moment.

what you discover will be of great value...

Excellent.

In the same transformer please remove the attribute PatternScale

And in the Navigator choose the option for Writer - Attribute Output = Inserts

The result DWG in AutoCAD 2019:

Obrigado / Thanks,

Danilo

Excellent.

In the same transformer please remove the attribute PatternScale

And in the Navigator choose the option for Writer - Attribute Output = Inserts

The result DWG in AutoCAD 2019:

Obrigado / Thanks,

Danilo

Very good Danilo.

I think that DWG files have many configurations in FME.

Now I´m broken my head with line type like FENCELINE in first photo, and SEDE without hatch.

Happy new year!!

Thank´s

Badge +16

Shalom Yehuda a @maccabi :)

I have run your template and there are several warnings in the log file when doing that.

From my experience working with a template on your writer is a very effective way to attach the desired styling to the output.

The only thing you have to make sure is that the incoming feature types names are existing in the template file. That way FME will match them during writing and use the styling from the template file.

See the following article for more info.

After inspecting your template and input data I noticed that most of the features dont have any values in the format attributes you are using in de DWGStylers.

Another issue to consider are the pattern types that dont match with the pattern names. So for example in the feature type RESERVA LEGAL you get a warning like:

AutoCAD Writer: The combination of pattern type 'Pre-defined' and pattern name 'GR_INVSPH' was found to be invalid. Using a default predefined hatch pattern of value of 'SOLID'

telling you that FME is setting it to SOLID.

I am not a big AutoCAD expert but it seems like you are missing some pattern types that dont ship with FME.

Hope this helps,

Itay

Shalom Yehuda a @maccabi :)

I have run your template and there are several warnings in the log file when doing that.

From my experience working with a template on your writer is a very effective way to attach the desired styling to the output.

The only thing you have to make sure is that the incoming feature types names are existing in the template file. That way FME will match them during writing and use the styling from the template file.

See the following article for more info.

After inspecting your template and input data I noticed that most of the features dont have any values in the format attributes you are using in de DWGStylers.

Another issue to consider are the pattern types that dont match with the pattern names. So for example in the feature type RESERVA LEGAL you get a warning like:

AutoCAD Writer: The combination of pattern type 'Pre-defined' and pattern name 'GR_INVSPH' was found to be invalid. Using a default predefined hatch pattern of value of 'SOLID'

telling you that FME is setting it to SOLID.

I am not a big AutoCAD expert but it seems like you are missing some pattern types that dont ship with FME.

Hope this helps,

Itay

Shalom @itay!!

Thank´s helped a lot. Mainly the article.

Some files have associative hatches. FME does not work correctly with associative hatches unfortunately.

Regards