Question

FME Server 2019.2 receive and read email with attachments

• 17 February 2020
  • 1 reply

Since a recent upgrade to FME Server 2019.2, I am having trouble inititialising a workspace following receipt of an email. The workspace uses several features from the email that it receives.

Ideally, I'd like to just read the email into my workspace as a JSON file that is populated from the Email trigger on the automations page of FME Server. Annoyingly, it seems that I can only populate published parameters with individual attributes of the received email (e.g. Email Subject, Email Body, etc.) rather than bringing the whole email through to a JSON FeatureReader. You can see below that I can't populate the "Email" Parameter with the whole Email, I have to select one of the attributes of the email:

Is there a way to populate a JSON FeatureReader with the entirety of the email that FME Server receives, including attachments and metadata?

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi,

If you want to work with the entire JSON submitted by the Email trigger as opposed to the individual keys and values parsed out, you can look under the Event folder, to retrieve 'Event as JSON'.

However in Automations this is passed through as a string of JSON, rather than stored in a temp file on FME Server, therefore you will likely still need to change your workflow to process this event. Please see this post for a more detailed explanation of these changes.