Solved

Extract polygon with certain width

• 7 February 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge

I need help with ideas on how to extract areas where the width >=1.1m within a polygon. I have attached a file (file geodatabase) here for anyone who wants to give it a shot. It is a long and skinny polygon reflecting sidewalks with curb and gutter all connected together in reality.

I have a solution working okay for a small number of such polygons. But it is not working efficiently enough for a large number of records. I have a total of more than 20,000 records to be processed.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by nathanatsafe 9 February 2018, 02:04

View original

5 replies

Badge +7

Hi @sunhenry617, thanks for posting your question!

I think I found a possible solution. I'm not sure it will scale up easily to 20,000 records, but it is not that complex. Hopefully this gives the desired/correct result, and if not at least l provides you something to work from.

Best,

Nathan

widthfinder.fmwt

Badge

I think I found a possible solution. I'm not sure it will scale up easily to 20,000 records, but it is not that complex. Hopefully this gives the desired/correct result, and if not at least l provides you something to work from.

Best,

Nathan

widthfinder.fmwt

Thank you so much, @NathanAtSafe! You method is way way faster and better than mine. I am sure it won't take too long to process all of my data.

Cheers,

Henry

Best,

Nathan

widthfinder.fmwt

Hi Nathanatsafe,

I like to see if widthfinder.fmwt works for me. Could you send it to me? Thanks in advance! Best, Herman

Badge +7

Hi Nathanatsafe,

I like to see if widthfinder.fmwt works for me. Could you send it to me? Thanks in advance! Best, Herman

Hi @hdhaan​ ,

Here is the widthfinder.fmwt. Hope it helps!

Best,

Nathan

Thanks! Best, Herman