Question

Setting ColorBook color to AutoCAD DWG elements

• 20 September 2016
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hi,

Would like to assign color to elements through colorbook

In AutoCAD Instead of Index Color, I would like to assign Color(ColorName) from the ColorBook (.acb file)

I am not able to find FME attribute where I can set this value.

Please suggest.

Regards

Zubair

5 replies

Badge +1

If the ACB file isnt accessible from the parameters try doing it as a lookup using the Value Mapper into the autocad_color

Badge +1

Hi, I have all the information to set color like acb filename and the color name, But I dont know which attributes to set these value to, autocad_color is a number field and it does not store the colorbook name.

Basically when I set DIC 521 as color in fme and open the output dwg in autocad I should see color as DIC 521 as shown in above image.

I tried reading a sample file in Inspector with DIC 521 as color but there is no attribute to represent this value.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi, I have all the information to set color like acb filename and the color name, But I dont know which attributes to set these value to, autocad_color is a number field and it does not store the colorbook name.

Basically when I set DIC 521 as color in fme and open the output dwg in autocad I should see color as DIC 521 as shown in above image.

I tried reading a sample file in Inspector with DIC 521 as color but there is no attribute to represent this value.

To be honest, I've never heard of a colorbook and a comprehensive search of our internal systems shows no record of such functionality - either existing or as a requested enhancement. Is this perhaps a new piece of functionality? Anyway, I suggest you file a case with our support team (safe.com/support) so that we have a request on record and can start to look into this.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but it just doesn't look like this has ever been on our radar.

Badge +1

Hi Mark, I am using AutoCAD 10, so the functionality is there since long time.

Anyway I have submitted a case with safe.

Thanks

Zubair

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi Mark, I am using AutoCAD 10, so the functionality is there since long time.

Anyway I have submitted a case with safe.

Thanks

Zubair

Great. We'll see what our developers say. I hope we're able to do this.